About This Blog
Welcome to The Chemical Statistician! My name is Eric Cai, and I am delighted that you came to my blog. I use it to share my passion about statistics, chemistry, math, and career development with you, and I hope that you will find it to be useful. This blog is written entirely on my own, and you are welcomed to use any of the code that you find to be useful on this blog; attribution would certainly be most welcomed and appreciated.
This page will help you to navigate to the parts of my blog that may most appeal to you.
My blog posts so far fall into 5 categories:
- Tutorials: Long, detailed explanations of certain concepts that are often accompanied by scripts, images, links to external information, and references.
- Lessons: Short descriptions, definitions or explanations of a few concepts with fewer links to external information and no references. I write lessons in 3 fields:
- Advice: Career advice about working in statistics and science. I guest-blog for the Career Services Informer, a blog by the Career Services Centre at Simon Fraser University (SFU), and all of those posts are shared on The Chemical Statistician.
- Notifications about my upcoming presentations or appearances at professional events.
- Videos: I use my Youtube channel to post videos on topics that require intuitive explanations.
You will find links to all 5 categories of posts in the menus on the top. The statistics and machine learning lessons are listed under “Statistics”, and the chemistry lessons are listed under “Chemistry”.
Many people visit my blog to get sample codes in R and SAS for their analyses, especially for data visualization. I have created links for R programming, SAS programming, and plotting in the top menu bar in response to such positive response to those posts! Again, you are welcomed to copy and paste those codes for your work as you please; attribution would certainly be most welcomed and appreciated.
To the right of this blog, you will find some other material that may not be seen if you stay mostly near the top, so I encourage you to check it all out. Those sections include:
- Links to my LinkedIn profile and Twitter feed @chemstateric. I write Tweets on every weekday about statistics and chemistry.
- Recent comments by others who read the blog. I will respond to your comments as soon as possible!
- My recent posts.
- A wonderful tag cloud of popular topics on my blog.
- Blogs that I like to read.
- Archives of my posts by month.
- All categories of this blog, listed alphabetically.
Enjoy your visit, and please feel free to contact me with your questions and comments!